The Council for Allied Health Professions Research was created by bringing together the Research Forum for Allied Health Professionals (RFAHP) and the Allied Health Professions Research Network (AHPRN).
CAHPR is supported by 12 AHP organisations, as listed below. The council comprises a strategy committee, a professoriate and a UK-wide regional hub network.
With excellent opportunities for learning, sharing, networking, collaborations and access to advice and support, CAHPR strengthens the professions’ research activities and outputs facilitating the translation of research findings into practice and education.
CAHPR Member Organisations
- British and Irish Orthoptic Society
- College of Paramedics
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists
- Society and College of Radiographers
- Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- College of Occupational Therapists
- The British Dietetic Association
- The British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists
- British Association of Art Therapists